February 28, 2017
This lava cake comes together perfectly with its velvety chocolate and egg mixture. The decadently rich dessert is a perfect treat to quiet the loudest chocolate craving or just be used as a sumptuous surprise for a loved one.
- ½ C. Chocolate Chips, Semi Sweet
- 4 TBS. Butter
- 4 TSP. Sugar
- ½ TSP. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Room Temperature Eggs, Beaten
- 2 TBS. Flour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and then grease 2 oven proof ramekins with baking spray or butter
- While oven is pre-heating, put a pot of water (1-2 inches) on the stove and turn it on to med-High. Place a metal bowl on top of the pot and add chocolate chips and the butter. Using a metal whisk, you will want to make sure you stir the mixture continuously until the butter and chocolate are combined.
- Turn off the heat source and add sugar and vanilla to the bowl. Again whisking mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pot from the stove using a hot pad and let it rest on the counter for 5 minutes or until it’s cooled down.
- Add the beaten egg to the bowl one spoonful at a time making sure the egg gets fully absorbed before adding the next spoonful.
- When you are finished with the egg, the batter should look smooth. Add in the flour and continue mixing. Once all the ingredients are in, divide batter evenly between the two ramekins, making sure to stop ¼ inch from the top of each.
- Place the ramekins in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are up, allow the cakes to rest for a couple more minutes on top of the stove. You can serve the cakes in the ramekins or turn them out onto a plate.