A couple weeks ago I attended a super fun Fourth of July party. As with most parties I attend, I came with a little gift for the host. Nothing crazy expensive, but just something to let them know I appreciated being invited and acknowledged the amount of work that went into planning. I have put together my top 6 host/hostess summer gift ideas so you can grab one of these great gifts the next time you want to say thank you.
1. A set of bright cloth napkins – These are great especially for that friend that hosts quite a few parties. I like to buy between 8-12 napkins to ensure that they can really utilize them.
2. Bring a small plant – I have really been into cacti and succulents lately. They come in such interesting shapes and colors and are super easy to take care of. The last thing you want to bring is a super high maintenance plant…. Unless the host is really into plants of course.
3. Monogrammed stationary or notecards – My mom actually introduced these to me a year or so ago. She bought be a set as a thank you gift. They are so handy and totally adorable.
4. Outdoor tumblers – I like to purchase these for a host whose party is outside. They are a perfect addition and can be found in a variety of prints and themes. These are a great summer gift.
5. Picnic blanket in a bag – I found these initially on Amazon, but they keep popping up all over the place lately. These brightly colored blankets are a great summer gift that will be used over and over again. Most people end up just keeping them in their car for play-dates, picnics or summer concerts.
6. Drink or cocktail stirrers – What I like the most about these is that they are a gift that people generally don’t buy for themselves, but add such a fun whimsy to any cocktail or summer beverage.
So next time you are invited to a summer soiree, make sure you come with a fun thank you. Once of these 6 ideas will be a fantastic hit!