It’s been a tradition in our family for all the ladies to get up super early the day after Thanksgiving & hit all the stores with the best holiday deals. Here are a few things that help with the hustle and bustle of this crazy day.
- Make sure you eat before you head out – Black Friday generally means lines and plenty of time waiting. We like to put together breakfast the night before to make sure we don’t head out on an empty stomach.
- Make a game plan ahead of time – We usually know all the stores ahead of time that we want to go to right off the bat. Prioritize by biggest savings and deals first, then try to organize by location. This will ensure that the stores with the hottest items (like Dad’s flat screen TV) don’t run out.
- Wear good shoes – This one seems like a no brainer but I have experienced firsthand what poor shoe choices can do to feet. It isn’t pretty. Go with comfort first…. Your feet will thank you.
- Strength in numbers – If you find that there are a couple places you need to be at, at the same time, try breaking off or pairing up. Just make sure you don’t forget number 5.
- Create a rendezvous point – It never fails, I always lose cell service when I need it the most. Make sure that you create a meet up point in case you get separated from your group. You don’t want to waste time wandering around a store for an hour trying to find your friends and family.
- Be kind – It’s the holidays, everyone is just trying to get a little shopping done. We all have the same end goal so why not do it with a smile. I have found that being kind is very contagious plus it makes the experience more enjoyable.
Give these tips a try and see if your Black Friday is more successful than last year! Also, make sure when you are done you hit up some of those Thanksgiving left overs…. You’ve earned it!