December 20, 2017
Who says cleaning can’t be fun?! These 5 unique tips will have you easily and effortlessly cleaning right into the New Year.
- Remove Stains On Plastic ware – To remove tough stains, fill the container with warm water and drop in a couple denture cleaning tablets (larger containers may need three). The effervescent fizz that’s created by the baking soda and citric acid will remove the stains that ordinary washing can’t get rid of.
- Storage For Extra Gift Wrap, Tags And Tissue Paper – Purchase an inexpensive hanging storage system and add all your extra holiday wrap and accessories. You will have everything all together in one place for next year and avoid buying extras next season.
- Pre-Spring Cleaning Donation Run – Have everyone in your family (help the little ones) bag up 1 large bag of items to be donated (clothes, toys, books etc.). This allows for new holiday items to find a home and prepare rooms for the big spring cleaning show down.
- Get Rid Of Mineral Build Up With A Fresh Lemon – Don’t throw out that freshly zested lemon! Use the lemon to rub and buff away extra mineral buildup around faucets.
- Home Solution For Dirty Drains – Mix ½ C. of baking soda with ¼ C. of table salt. Pour the mixture down your drain followed by 1 C. of warmed up vinegar. Let the concoction sit in the drain for 15 minutes (it will bubble and foam) then run hot tap water for 1 minute. This helps to freshen, clean and deodorize your drains. *Please note this is not for clogged drains