Every year we pick a day to decorate holiday cookies. These little gems have become quite a tradition in our household. Feel free to decorate them however you like, but don’t wait too long to try them. I guarantee they won’t be around long!
Makes 3 Dozen Cookies
2 ½ C. Flour
½ C. Dark Brown Sugar
½ Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Ground Ginger
¼ Tsp. Ground Cloves
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Stick Butter (Room Temp)
¼ C. Honey
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 C. Powdered Sugar
2 TBS. Whole Milk
½ Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar, honey & vanilla in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 3o minutes.
- Take the dough out & place between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Roll the dough into a large circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a star shaped cutout (or whatever shape you happen to have on hand), cut out as many shapes as you can and place them on a cookie sheet lined with more parchment.
- Re-roll the dough and repeat steps 5 and 6 until you’ve used up all your dough.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes and allow them to cool on a cookie rack.