Don’t panic! We’ve got you covered! Everyone loves a yummy new cashmere sweater, but we all wonder about the cleaning. If you would prefer to save a few bucks by not dry cleaning than this article is for you.
- Buy some gentle baby shampoo. Any brand will do as long as it’s gentle and for babies. This kind of shampoo is much gentler on the wool.
- Fill a clean tub or basin with warm water. You don’t want the water too hot, just warm enough to create bubbles with the shampoo.
- Add a cap full of baby shampoo to the tub or basin. This can be done while the water is running. Swirl the soap around to make sure that it fully dissolves.
- Place the sweater in the tub and gently swish the water around the sweater making sure that every bit of fabric gets an equal amount of soap and water (you don’t want a partially clean sweater). Then let the sweater sit for a few minutes in the tub on its own.
- Remove the sweater and gently ring out excess water by creating a ball with the sweater and squeezing.
- Lay a clean dry towel out on a counter or on the floor. Lay the damp sweater on top of the towel and starting at the bottom, roll the sweater up into the towel until you have made a tube shape. Press several times on the rolled towel to try and soak up any additional water. Unroll the towel and lay the sweater out flat on a counter or drying rack. Allow the sweater to completely dry.
And that’s all there is to it. No more fear – Just a beautifully clean cashmere sweater!