February 14, 2018
Baking soda may be one of the handiest kitchen items to have on hand. It cleans, cuts grease and whitens better than some of the big name products on the market. Try giving one of these clever DIY baking soda uses a try.
- Clean Crayon Off Walls – Mix 50% of both baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the crayon on the wall. With a clean rag, rub the paste into the crayon until it comes up.
- Remove Stuck On Food Stains On Plastic – Mix equal parts of baking soda and water. Spread onto the stained plastic and let sit overnight. Wipe clean and rinse.
- Keep Flowers Fresher….Longer – Mix 1 tsp of baking soda in a large glass vase or pitcher, add your fresh cut flower bouquet. You will notice that your flowers will stay fresher and live longer using this method.
- DIY Air Freshener – In a spray bottle, mix 1 TBS of baking soda, 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil and add filtered water. Shake the spray bottle well and spray as desired. Use in bathrooms, bedrooms or whatever room that needs to be freshened up.
- Give Your Wooden Cutting Board A Makeover – Sprinkle baking soda all over your cutting board. Spray white vinegar on top of the baking soda. Let the mixture sit for 10-20 minutes then wipe off with a clean damp rag. Rinse the cutting board and allow to dry.
- Make Your Grout Look Great – In a spray bottle, mix ¼ C. hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp of dish soap and ½ C. of baking soda. Shake well and generously spritz the offending grout. Leave on for 10-20 minutes before wiping clean with a damp rag.
- Remove Stuck On Food – If you have a particularly nasty pot with stuck on food, try soaking the pot with hot water and a large scoop of baking soda. Let sit for 1 hour and then clean as you normally would.